We're here to help
USER AGREEMENT FOR PERSON TO PERSON (P2P) TRANSFERRING FUNDS
BY CLICKING THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE FOR TRANSFERRING FUNDS. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND MIDWEST COMMUNITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION. THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS, AND YOU SHOULD READ THEM CAREFULLY.
In these terms, some provisions apply to “you” as the party using the service to initiate funds transfers. Some provisions apply to “you” as the party approving a request to transfer funds from or to you. In both cases, you agree to the applicable provisions of these terms. “We”, “us” and “our” refer to Midwest Community Federal Credit Union (the “Financial Institution”). Midwest Community Federal Credit Union uses as its agent, J’waala, and other financial intermediaries (collectively, the “Service Provider”) to accomplish funds transfers. If you are the party initiating a funds transfer, these terms of service supplement the disclosures or agreements you agreed to as part of the registration process for online banking. If you wish to review those disclosures or agreements, please close this page and review the terms of service associated with online banking or consult with a member service representative of Midwest Community. You may also have other agreements with another financial institution that holds your account that apply to your account but not to this service. This service allows you to initiate or authorize funds transfers between accounts or people you have designated using the Funds Transfer Service (an “ACH Transfer”). By clicking the “Confirm” button you authorize us as the financial institution to (i) accomplish this transfer through the Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) and (ii) to use the Service Provider as our agent for this purpose. You understand that Midwest Community and its Service Provider may originate more than one ACH entry (for example, a paired credit and debit entry) to accomplish the transfer you are requesting or authorizing. These ACH entries may be originated in any sequence (for example, a credit may be provided to you in advance of settlement on a paired debit entry against your account). You authorize us or our Service Provider to resubmit debit entries against your account as needed to fulfill the ACH Transfer you have requested. If this is a recurring ACH Transfer, this authorization will continue in full force and effect until such time as you cancel the recurring ACH Transfer as provided below.
The sections below also apply to anyone using the service, whether to send or to receive funds:
1. You represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years old, a resident of the United States and have a valid email address. You represent that you are the owner of the applicable debit and/or credit accounts and have the right to access, use, and authorize us and our agents to initiate ACH entries to debit or credit such accounts in the amount you have specified.
2. You agree to comply with the National Automated Clearing House Association (“NACHA”) rules when as the Originator (as defined under NACHA rules) you initiate funds ACH Transfers to or from your accounts or accounts of another person. You authorize the Service Provider to be an Originator and to use an Originating Depository Financial Institution (“ODFI”) (as defined under NACHA rules) chosen by it where appropriate to process your request to the Financial Institution.
3. If you are requesting funds be transferred from an account held by another person to an account you have with us, you authorize us and our Service Provider to send an e-mail or SMS text message on your behalf requesting him or her to authorize the funds transfer to you.
4. You accept our appointment of the Service Provider as our agents to electronically process your funds transfers on our behalf as you have instructed, subject to the terms and conditions stated herein. You understand and agree that the Service Provider is not acting as a fiduciary, trustee or money transmitter, or providing escrow service, with respect to your funds, but only acting as Midwest Community’s processor.
5. You agree to use the service for legal purposes only and not in violation of any U.S. or foreign laws, including but not limited to, laws and regulations designed to prevent money laundering or the transfer of funds to or from persons or organizations whose accounts are blocked under regulations promulgated by the U.S. Treasury Department, such as sanction laws administered by the Office of Foreign Asset Control. You agree that if we suspect or believe a transaction is unlawful or even suspicious, we may block the transaction and take any other action we deem to be reasonable. This includes acting to prevent violations of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 (“UIGEA”) and these Terms of Service. If you are a non-consumer, you certify that you are not now engaged, and will not use the service, in an activity or business that is unlawful under the UIGEA. You agree not to use the service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the service or interfere with any other parties use and enjoyment of the service.
6. If you will be using an account at another financial institution to initiate ACH Transfers using this Funds Transfer Service, you authorize us and our Service Provider to make small deposits and/or withdrawals to the target account to confirm your control of that account (and to reverse these after the test is completed). The withdrawal amount(s) will never be greater than the deposit amount (s). You agree to verify online the amounts of such deposits and/or withdrawals. We will not transfer the funds in this case until verification is made, and neither we nor our Service Provider shall have any liability to you for failure to initiate the funds transfer you have requested due to your failure to complete the authorization process. Notwithstanding the foregoing, some accounts you have at another financial institution may be used without this verification process.
7. We and our Service Provider will process your funds transfer request based on the information you provide. Any errors in the information (including incorrect or inconsistent account names, account numbers or ABA routing numbers) that you provide to us are your responsibility. We and our Service Provider are not required to investigate discrepancies between account numbers and names on the account, and you agree that we and our Service Provider are not responsible for investigating such discrepancies and may execute an ACH Transfer using account number information only, even if the name and the account number do not match. You agree to use a browser or mobile application that at a minimum provides a level of security equivalent to 128-bit RC4 encryption when accessing or using the service to initiate or approve ACH Transfers.
8. If an account of yours has a joint account holder, you represent and warrant that each joint account holder has consented to the ACH Transfer(s), whether sending funds or receiving funds.
9. You may not be able to cancel or revoke an ACH Transfer once you have submitted or approved it since processing begins immediately or soon after your approval is received by us. For your rights in placing a stop payment on your account, refer to the specific account disclosures provided to you by Midwest Community. You may stop payment of a recurring ACH transfer orally or in writing at least three business days before the scheduled date of the transfer. If processing has not begun, you may be allowed to cancel or delete ACH transfers from the “History” tab: ACH Transfers with a status of pending may be cancelled; recurring ACH Transfers may be deleted prior to submission of the next transfer.
10. All accounts must be located in the U.S. No International transactions are supported.
11. The typical time to transfer funds with us using the ACH network is three to five business days (that is, days we are open but excluding bank holidays and weekends). If we permit you to initiate an expedited transfer, this time may be reduced to one to two business days. However specific transaction times may vary, and neither we nor our Service Provider guarantee any specific turnaround time to complete your funds transfer. You should check your accounts to see your ACH Transfers. If you are sending funds, you should check with the intended recipient of the funds to confirm the status of the funds.
12. You agree that credits to your account are provisional and subject to return or reversal if we or our Service Provider receives returns or reversals from the ACH or if we must otherwise reverse an ACH Transfer (including for failure to receive final payment). After we have received final payment on ACH credits, these deposits are referred to as collected items. We also reserve the right to refuse to process or to return all or any funds transferred.
13. We or our Service Provider, in our sole and absolute discretion, have the right to reject, reverse, or cancel any ACH Transfer you initiate, and/or restrict or condition your ability to use the service, at any time for any reason or no reason, including but not limited to (a) insufficient funds in an account being debited; (b) suspicious activity; (c) order of any law enforcement agency or other legal process; (d) inability to verify information you or others provide or are asked to provide; (e) providing us with false or inaccurate information; (f) hacking, tampering or impacting the service functionality, availability or security; (g) using the service for unlawful purposes (as determined by us in good faith, but without the need for inquiry); or (h) failing to cooperate with any information request.
14. In consideration of the agreement by us and our Service Provider to act upon your request to make transfers of funds in the manner provided for in these Terms of Service:
a. If any fees, fines or other sanctions, or damages or loss, are incurred or suffered by us or our Service Provider in connection with your use of the service, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Midwest Community and the Service Provider.
b. The service, information, data, features and all content on this website are offered and made available on an “as is,” “as available,” basis. In no event shall we or our Service Provider be liable to you (and, if you are a nonconsumer, your company, employees, agents, third parties, associates, or partners), or to anyone else for any consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or indirect damages of any kind whatsoever, including without limitation those resulting from loss or impairment of use, data, or profits, that you or anyone else may incur relating to your use or access to this site, or the use or access hereto by anyone else, even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such damages.
c. You expressly waive any and all claims you may have or assert against us or our Service Provider relating directly or indirectly to accessing or using or reliance upon any such information or data by you or anyone else.
d. The term “damages” as used herein includes, without limitation, any and all liability, loss, damage, injury, claim, founded or unfounded, expense, fee of any kind, including, attorneys’ or accountants’ fees.
e. Note – if you are a consumer, the foregoing is limited to the extent that it may conflict with any non-waivable rights you may have under applicable law.
15. WE AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER REGARDING THIS SERVICE, WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ACCESSIBLE HEREIN OR AVAILABLE FROM OTHER SITES ACCESSIBLE HEREBY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTY OF TITLE, OR WARRANTY OF ANY OTHER KIND.
16. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. In such states liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
17. In the case where a provision in another agreement we have with you conflicts with a provision in these Terms of Service, these Terms of Service will apply.
18. These Terms of Service will be interpreted according to their fair meaning and shall not be interpreted strictly against or for either party. These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether, electronic, oral or written, between you and us.